The National Constitution Center is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization. The materials on this site are offered to enhance your understanding of the Constitution and its role in our lives. Information is presented for educational and informational purposes.
The content provided on this website is not legal advice. You may contact us with general questions at email@example.com.
Throughout this website, the National Constitution Center provides links to outside resources and third-party websites. Unless specifically noted, the National Constitution Center disclaims any legal affiliation or agency relationship with third parties to whom we link or who link to our website. The National Constitution Center does not endorse, control, nor is it responsible for, the availability or content of these external sites.
USING THIS SITE
- In any way that violates any federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access this Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on this Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent (see Authorized Use, above).
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of this Site.
- Introduce any viruses or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of this Site or the server on which this Site is stored.
- Attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site.
SHARING YOUR CONTENT ON OUR SITE
- Your Responsibility for Your Content. You are solely responsible for any and all Content that is posted through your account on Our Site and/or Services (“Your Content”), as well as the representations you make to us about Your Content. You agree that by submitting Your Content to Our Site, you have reviewed and agree to abide by any Community Guidelines we create.
- Representations Regarding Your Content. You represent and warrant that:
- Users may submit Content to the Site, including videos and user comments, through http://welovetheconstitution.org/participate/. You understand that the NCC does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit. All Users agree to abide by YouTube’s Terms of Service policy, located at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms regarding uploading Content.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Site. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to NCC all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Site pursuant to these Terms of Service. You further affirm, represent, and warrant that you have secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in a video. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a video, you represent and warrant that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the video and the public display of the video on the Site.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Site will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant NCC all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Site any Content or other material that violates any individual’s privacy or publicity rights or any local, national, or international law or regulation.
- NCC does not endorse any Content submitted to the Site by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and NCC expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. NCC does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on Our Site and/or Services, and NCC will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. NCC reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
- Content Publication Guidelines. The NCC and/or an independent third party will review any and all Content submitted to the Site for publication on the Site. Users should be mindful that the Site may be accessed by Users of all ages and videos may be viewed by minors. Only a limited number of videos may be selected by the NCC and/or independent third party for publication.
All submissions must comply with YouTube Terms of Service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube Site.
For instance, Content submitted to the Site should not promote physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; is false or misleading or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; provides instructional information about illegal activities; contains viruses or similar software; or otherwise violates these Terms, the terms of your agreements with us, or creates liability for us.
The NCC and/or independent third party reserves the sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any Content whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of these Terms, and/or YouTube’s Community Standards, located at https://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/communityguidelines.html, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise in conflict with the NCC’s standards and practices and other policies.
- Enforcement by the National Constitution Center
Removal of Content. While the National Constitution Center has no obligation to do so, the NCC reserves the right to review and delete (or modify) any Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or other applicable policies posted on Our Site and/or Services or that we deem, in our sole discretion, inappropriate. If you see any Content on Our Site and/or Services that you believe violates our policies, you may report that Content by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once notified, we will review the Content and consider whether to remove or modify it. Please note: Our interpretation of our policies and the decision whether or not to edit or remove Content is within our sole discretion. You understand and agree that if we choose not to remove or edit Content that you find objectionable, that decision will not constitute a violation of these Terms or any agreement we have with you.
- Rights to Your Content. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to the NCC, you hereby grant NCC a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Site and/or Services and NCC’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business and other educational services (in its museum, exhibits, and online), including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Content and/or Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User of the Site and/or Services a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Site and/or Services, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Site and/or Services and under these Terms of Service. You may request to remove published videos from the Site and/or Services by contacting us at email@example.com. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Site terminate within a commercially reasonable time after the removal or deletion of your videos from the Site. You understand and agree, however, that NCC may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you post through Our Sites. You should only submit Content to Our Services that you are comfortable sharing with others under the terms and conditions of these Terms.
YouTube and the YouTube logo is a trademark of Google Inc.
Last updated: January 30, 2017